Christopher Gorey is a well-known Nova Scotia watercolour and oil painter. His work, mainly traditional, depicts the beautiful light and landscape of Northern Cape Breton as well as other locales. He has exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions throughout the United States and Canada and is the designer of the 1981 and 1987 Canadian commemorative Silver Dollars. His work has won awards at La Societe canadienne de l’aquarelle, the Watercolor Art Society of Houston and the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolor. He is a signature member of the the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour (CSPWC) and La Societe canadienne de l’aquarelle (SCA).
LANDSCAPE in OIL
Indoor class with CHRISTOPHER GOREY
October 2nd, 2016 9:30 to 3:30
PICTOU, N.S. New Horizon Seniors Club
The Grief Retreat
The grief retreat a weekend for parents to grieve the loss of a child. I have been asked to teach an project for these parents the above picture is what I have decided to do with them. It is a Japanese Cherry blossom tree. The significance of the Cherry Blossom tree represents the fragility and beauty of life. It’s a reminder that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but that it is also tragically short. The branches spell out the name of the child who’s life was taken far too soon . Find Rae’s name.
Please join us for a day of plein air painting in the beautiful harbour town of Pictou on September 10th 2016 from 8:30 to 5:00. A registration fee of $20 will get you into the event, provide you with a morning coffee and muffin, a lunch delivered to your set up spot, an opportunity to sell your finished work and a fun day of plein air painting with other artists. Volunteers will pick up your finished paintings or drawings and deliver them to the gallery where they will be displayed and monitored.
Artists will sign in at the Harbour House Gazebo Gallery at 41 Coleraine St. Pictou at 8:30. You will be given a map of the area and coffee and muffin to start you off. Bring along your stool, a hat, umbrella and your art supplies. All artwork is to be returned to the gallery by 4 o’clock.
- All paintings or drawings to be done on site.
- No reproductions for sale.
- Artists are to establish a final or “take away” price for their work.
- A 20% commission will be charged on your first sold painting.
- We encourage each registered artist to bring a finished painting either framed or unframed to hang in the gallery. Please put the title, full name and price on the back.
- Artists are to send a short bio with their registration form to be displayed in the gallery.
- Registration form is to be returned by Sept. 3rd.
- Art2Sea assumes no responsibility for stolen or damaged artwork.
We hope to see you on September 10th at our first ever “Paint Pictou”!
Art2Sea Painting Group